Sunday, December 20, 2015

In Which There Are Glad Tidings

For unto us a child is born, and for us a sacrifice was arranged! What joy must be found in this celebration of birth and death and rebirth again!
It's almost Christmas and I'm getting giddy just thinking about it. Jesus! Gifts! Food! The three most important things ever! Who wouldn't be excited? (Okay, on that note, gifts and food are actually a bit lower on my List of Important Things. But, still. Principles, here.)

Seriously, though, I am really pumped for Christmas this year. The past year hasn't really been the greatest for me, but for one little moment I'm enjoying the huge changes and shifts in my life. Christmas makes it feel unimportant.

Because, if we're being honest here, what is important when shoved up next to blood and birth and eternal things beyond comprehension?

What immense joy it is to watch it fold out in an epic, endless tale of trust, love, and rescuement! What precious privilege to see such wondrous salvation be begun! What joy to see a King who owns and works you in the confines of a beating heart!

"Word of the Father, now in Flesh appearing..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment