Monday, April 4, 2016

Like An Adolescent Unyielding


I have talked before about being both a child and an adultabout how I want my life to be tender with wonder and strong with experience. But there is, as always, even more to what I want to be.

I want to be bold. I want to be brave. I want to march to victory without thinking of what would happen should my cause be lost. I want to know what I want and I want to shout it aloud.

I want to be like Frodo, taking the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way.

I want to be like Buttercup, working towards improvement against the return of my Beloved.

I want to be like the countless young men and women throughout the centuries, loving my God and my family and living and dying that they might live and die.

I want determination, and emotion, and fervent fire building and burning in my veins. I want to walk through the angry mob unharmed, solid and covered with a certain admirable Grace, and standing on a Rock that no earthquake can move.

And this is yet another of my Odd Resolutionsto be an adolescent unyielding, holding firm in my faith and refusing to belong to another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment