Friday, October 7, 2016

Pieces of Today, Oct. 7th, 2016

I'm on a Twenty One Pilots kick. Seriously, this band is killing me.


The weather is GORGEOUS and OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT.

I'm reading Les Misérables and maaaaann did I underestimate how lengthy it was.

Browsing through my beautifully illustrated copy of Bulfinch's Mythology and feeling the wonderful thrill of it rushing through my body.

I'd die for you/ That's easy to say/ We have a list of people that we would take/ A bullet for them/ A bullet for you/ A bullet for everybody in this room/ But I don't seem to see many bullets coming through

(I told you I was on a ToP kick.)

Now is the climax to the story/ that gives the demons and angels purpose

Why won't you speak where I happen to be?

And I begin to envy the headlights driving south/ I wanna crack the door so I can just fall out/ but then I remember when you packed my car/ you reached in the back and buckled up your heart/ for me to drive away with/ I began to understand why God died

Open the slits/ in your face/ and start your day.

(Someone should probably stop me now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment